Friday, June 29
Wednesday, June 27
Saturday, June 23
Thursday, June 21
...old! Every year Beloit College in Beloit, Wisconsin publishes what it calls "The Mindset List"--fun facts and figures about the incoming crop of freshmen so professors will be able to relate to their new students. Beloit says the list is a reminder that the world view of today's new college students is significantly different from the intellectual framework of those students who entered only a few years earlier. Put another way, it's a reminder that you are getting on in years.
Beloit College Mindset List for the Class of 2009, most of whom were born in 1987:
1. Andy Warhol, Liberace, Jackie Gleason and Lee Marvin have always been dead.
2. They don't remember when "cut and paste" involved scissors.
3. Heart-lung transplants have always been possible.
4. Wayne Gretzky never played for Edmonton.
5. Boston has been working on "The Big Dig" all their lives.
6. With little need to practice, most of them do not know how to tie a tie.
7. Pay-per-view television has always been an option.
8. They never had the fun of being thrown into the back of
a station wagon with six others.
9. Iran and Iraq have never been at war with each other.
10. They are more familiar with Greg Gumbel than with Bryant Gumbel.
11. Philip Morris has always owned Kraft Foods.
12. Al-Qaeda has always existed with Osama bin Laden at its head.
13. They learned to count with Lotus 1-2-3.
14. Car stereos have always rivaled home component systems.
15. Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker have never preached on television.
16. Voice mail has always been available.
17. "Whatever" is not part of a question but an expression of sullen rebuke.
18. The federal budget has always been more than a trillion dollars.
19. Condoms have always been advertised on television.
20. They may have fallen asleep playing with their Gameboys in the crib.
21. They have always had the right to burn the flag.
22. For daily caffeine emergencies, Starbucks has always been around the corner.
23. Ferdinand Marcos has never been in charge of the Philippines.
24. Money put in their savings account the year they were born
earned almost 7 percent interest.
25. Bill Gates has always been worth at least a billion dollars.
26. Dirty dancing has always been acceptable.
27. Southern fried chicken, prepared with a blend of 11 herbs and spices,
has always been available in China.
28. Michael Jackson has always been bad, and greed has always been good.
29. The Starship Enterprise has always looked dated.
30. Pixar has always existed.
31. There has never been a "fairness doctrine" at the FCC.
32. Judicial appointments routinely have been "Borked."
33. Aretha Franklin has always been in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.
34. There have always been zebra mussels in the Great Lakes.
35. Police have always been able to search garbage without a search warrant.
36. It has always been possible to walk from England to
mainland Europe on dry land.
37. They have grown up in a single superpower world.
38. They missed the oat bran diet craze.
39. American Motors has never existed.
40. Scientists have always been able to see supernovas.
41. Les Miserables has always been on stage.
42. Halogen lights have always been available at home, with a warning.
43. "Baby M" may be a classmate, and contracts with surrogate mothers
have always been legal.
44. RU486, the "morning after pill," has always been on the market.
45. There has always been a pyramid in front of the Louvre in Paris.
46. British Airways has always been privately owned.
47. Irradiated food has always been available but controversial.
48. Snowboarding has always been a popular winter pastime.
49. Libraries have always been the best centers for computer technology
and access to good software.
50. Biosphere 2 has always been trying to create a revolution in the life sciences.
51. The Hubble Telescope has always been focused on new frontiers.
52. Researchers have always been looking for stem cells.
53. They do not remember "a kinder and gentler nation."
54. They never saw the shuttle Challenger fly.
55. The TV networks have always had cable partners.
56. Airports have always had upscale shops and restaurants.
57. Black Americans have always been known as African-Americans.
58. They never saw Pat Sajak or Arsenio Hall host a late night television show.
59. Matt Groening has always had a Life in Hell.
60. Salman Rushdie has always been watching over his shoulder.
61. Digital cameras have always existed.
62. Tom Landry never coached the Cowboys.
63. Time Life and Warner Communications have always been joined.
64. CNBC has always been on the air.
65. The Field of Dreams has always been drawing people to Iowa.
66. They never saw a Howard Johnson's with 28 ice cream flavors.
67. Reindeer at Christmas have always distinguished between secular and religious decorations.
68. Entertainment Weekly has always been on the newsstand.69. Lyme disease has always been a ticking concern in the woods.
70. Jimmy Carter has always been an elder statesman.
71. Miss Piggy and Kermit have always dwelt in Disneyland.
72. "America's Funniest Home Videos" has always been on television.
73. Their nervous new parents heard C. Everett Koop proclaim nicotine as addictive as heroin.
74. Lever has always been looking for 2000 parts to clean.
75. They have always been challenged to distinguish between news and entertainment on cable TV.
Thursday, June 14
Tuesday, June 12
guess he figured i wouldn't be gettting pressies
Green, yellow & blue
felted with Fun Fur
the Button reminds me of Abolone
pattern is Pursenalities
what was in with the Purse do you ask??
Apple Cinnamon Chex Mix - my FAV!!!
a paper fan, some Ginger Drink
never seen this before
green tea mix for drinking water - can use it on a plane
either a bar of soap or chunk of White Chocolate
will have to lick it to see
a magnet that says
"Too Much of a Good Thing
2 little travel candles
a little bag ( will travel with me) that has
beaded stitch markers that look like little Tea Cups
Mary Kay Satin Hands (LOVE this stuff)
and a nail file - can ALWAYS use them
to prevent runs in the pantyhose
Sunday, June 10
Saturday, June 9
Friday, June 8
Thursday, June 7
Wednesday, June 6
Tuesday, June 5
Monday, June 4
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? some days - when i can read it
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? lemme get back with you on that one
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? i hope so
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? dunno ... i think so
8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? hehehehehehe ... SURE!!!
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORTIE CEREAL eat oatmeal ,, but i 'spose .. Grape Nuts
10. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? some days
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks - have some in the freezer
12. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? are they smiling
13. RED OR PINK? PINK
14. WHAT DO YOU LIKE LEAST ABOUT YOURSELF? procrastinate
15. WHOM DO YOU MISS THE MOST? hhmmmmm ..
16. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? sure
17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? kahki capris & barefoot
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Bisquit bowl from KFC .. heading to the freezer to get ice cream
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Rod Stewart
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Carribean Blue
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Pumpkin Pie / Chanel 22
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? someone at Stitches & Scones ( yarn shop)
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? YUP, YUP, YUP
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? on TV nothing .. in person Baseball
25. HAIR COLOR? roots need adhusting .. it was reddish blonde .. it faded
26. EYE COLOR? Blue with Green flecks
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? if i want to see
28. FAVORITE FOOD? anything i don't have to prepare/cook
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Pirates of the Caribbean - first one on TV last nite
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Lime Green
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer .. that's why i am moving to Atlanta end of the month
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Key Lime Pie
35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? no clue
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? don't know
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Soap Suds, Knitting under the Influence, Friday Night Knit Club
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? the mouse
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? besides Pirates ... uuuhhhhhmmmmmm .. i forgot
40. FAVORITE SOUND? Gracie & Brayden
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? depends on the mood .. LOVE John Lennon & George Harrison
42. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? hhmm .. can't count Ethiopia since i lived there at the time .. so i guess the Bahama's in 1988
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? i knit
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? depends on the birth certificate
one says an Army Hospital, another says a civilian hospital
somewhere around Fort Monmouth NJ
45. WHAT MAGAZINES DO YOU READ?
knitting - none specific