Signed up for the Fall Felted Bag Exchange i LOVE Fall, the leaves changing colors will i see them in Ga i will as i travel around the country anyways, my partner will want to learn about me, so i am posting the questionaire to help
How long have you been knitting or crocheting? Knitting 40 + years, crocheting, i don't anymoreHow did you learn? the green book or from whom? took lessons in 1987 to improve What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting? too long ago to remember
What are your favorite colors? blues & greens .. FALL colors Any you hate? none come to mind What are your favorite styles\types of bags? shoulder bags (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? sure Totes? YUP!! Embellished?Plain? sometimes Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!)
What handbag or bag are you carrying today? page 32 from Felt Frenzy .. like the concept, so i am tweaking it to be more what I want Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting? sometimes
What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? READING What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) Circs, bamboo for items that will be felted, addi turbos for sox
What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? ARAN sweater/gansey or gurnsey
What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? Panda Silk, Misti Alpaca
What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? not yet Sew? not much anymore, altho i have 2 working sewing machines, 1 i wanna fix & 1 treadle Garden? haven't in a while, but wouldn't mind starting again next spring Besides yarn, do you collect anything? knitting stuff .. books written in a series, knitting mysteries / novels What kind of goodies do you enjoy? depends on the mood Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?
Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) NOPE
What kind of project best personifies you and why? hhhmmmm .. will have to think on this one
What is your favorite part of Autumn? colors of the leaves as they change You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer! 1 happy memory was spending a week in Brown County Indiana Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery. pay off my bills, take a vacation to Ireland & Scottland
I was reading Penny's blog and found this. You can do it also. You go to Google and type in "Cathy likes to" (but you use your own name and include the quotation marks) and you paste 10 things that show up. Here is what I found:
1) Cathy likes to participate in any project, so long as she gets to talk.
2) Cathy likes to wear blue jeans
3) Cathy likes to spend time outdoors
4) Cathy likes to joke
5) Cathy likes to take on projects and see them through to the end
6) Cathy likes to keep things light, simple, direct, and get the job done, and believes everything is fixable
7) In her free time, Cathy likes to read, do needlework, collect Disney memorabilia, play racquetball and tennis
8) Cathy likes to focus on gentle motivation and encouragement towards fitness goals.
9) Cathy likes to find places a little off the beaten path
Nancy has bronchitis & sounds horrible i feel for her
i called her about the yarn for the Oct STOCK
for Whenever ... again we got that resolved she will be mailing yarn to me before that, i was wandering around Hobby Lobby today got the idea for the 2008 STOCK
leave it to me to be working on more than one thing in my head
workin' on TWO pair of sox the striping ones, i don't like i know what i WANT them to look like so it's off to the frog pond i go with them but i know how to FIX them so i will be happy with them ITMT i will work on the Nov sox for Whenever ... Again and in my head, i see a felted bag wondering what the partner for Fall Felted Bag wants off to do laundry
work on the pattern for the New Yarns Stock then knit
well, i went to the SP 11 blog i am listed as a particiapant so i will NOW post the questionairre i will make it brief for now, can always edit in the next week
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Natural Fibers What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Most acrylics
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Most of them are currently in INDY, in binder like thingies that were acquired for the purpose .. IF i need needles, i buy them, they are floating around the room, i SHOULD put them in a drawer where i will find them till my stuff transports to GA - working on a database to inventory what i have
3. How long have you been knitting 40 + years & how did you learn? MOSTLY taught my self using hte GREEN book. In 198?, i took a class to knit Continental Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? YUP!! it's here
5. What's your favorite scent? pumpkin pie / autumnal
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? sometimes Favorite candy? varies
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? not much lately Do you spin? not yet, requires a wheel & time to learn, it's on the list for things to acquire / do in 2008 i did learn to use a drop spindle - i haven't practiced in 3 or 4 years
8. What kind of music do you like? about anything but RAP Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) YUP!!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? BLUES / GREENS Any colors you just can't stand? nope
10. What is your family situation? single-no SO / live with friends Do you have any pets? nope, but i am borrowing a friends 4 dogs, 3 or 4 birds, 1 cat, countless fish & whatever is in the big aquarium ( maybe gekos) living with friends for a few months ... relocated from Indiana to Ga. since i am not home alot, i haven't had time to look for & find the right apt
11. Do you wear scarves OF COURSE, love Wide / long scarves hats don't like to, but sometimes it becomes necessary mittens yup, prefer gloves ponchos don 't have one yet can see the PERFECT one in my head, need to figure out the pattern & knit it up LOVE shawls .. have one i started, & am thinkin' of another
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Christmas Stockings, sox, bags/ tote / purses that will be felted, hats, scarves, mittens & gloves
13. What are you knitting right now? a bag to be felted
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? ABSOLUTLY
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circs Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo for some wools, LOVE my addi turbos, haven't used the HiyaHiya yet .. if i am knitting a dishcloth or using cotton, LOVE balene circ
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? BOTH
17. How old is your oldest UFO? no clue, it's in INDY
18. What is your favorite holiday? St Pat's Day, then Halloween
19. Is there anything that you collect? not alot, since i downsized to move ..
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? HHHMMMM Art Yarns, SOCK yarn out of natural fiber other than wool = maize = corn, there is a milk & a few other i want to try What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? need to improve my toe-ups
22. Are you a sock knitter? YUP, YUP, YUP!! What are your foot measurements? .. ratz!! where is the measuring thingy when i need it
23. When is your birthday? turned "50" on Jul 23 - i can wear a red hat .. guess i had better make one 24. Are you on Ravelry? waiting If so, what's your ID?
so, i bought some BULKY yarn at the LYS needed a 17 needle i told you i didn't LIKE the addi so, i borrowed one from Deb she knows i broke the Lion Brand needle the cable became disconnected from the needle it's in the middle of the knit ring
hhhmmmmm hopin' the Susan Bates i bought to replace it won't break maybe i am not supposed to knit this purse almost done would have finished it yesterday IF i hadn't broken Deb's needle
so, i am looking for knitting needles specifically, CIRCULAR knitting needles so what size do i need to buy
HiyaHiya come in the following sizes 1.5 mm (US 000) 2.0 mm (US 0) 2.25 mm (US 1) 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) 2.75 mm (US 2) 3 mm (US 2 1/2) 3.25 mm (US 3) 3.5 mm (US 4) 3.75 mm (US 5) 4 mm (US 6) 4.5 mm (US 7) 5 mm (US 8) 5.5 mm (US 9) 6 mm (US 10) 6.5 mm (US 10 1/2) 7 mm (US 10 3/4) 7.5 mm (US 10 7/8) 8 mm (US 11)
Atlanta is composed mostly of one-way streets. The only way to get out of downtown Atlanta is to turn around and start over when you reach Greenville , South Carolina. All directions start with, "Go down Peachtree" and include the phrase, "When you see the Waffle House." Except that in Cobb County, where all directions begin with, "Go to the Big Chicken." Peachtree Street has no beginning and no end and is not to be confused with: Peachtree Circle Peachtree Place Peachtree Lane Peachtree Road Peachtree Parkway Peachtree Run Peachtree Terrace Peachtree Avenue Peachtree Commons Peachtree Battle Peachtree Corners New Peachtree Old Peachtree West Peachtree Peachtree-Dunwoody Peachtree-Chamblee Peachtree Industrial Boulevard Atlantans only know their way to work and their way home. If you ask anyone for directions, they will always send you down Peachtree. Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola. Coke's all they drink there so don't ask for any other soft drink unless it's made by Coca-Cola. Even if you want something other than a Coca-Cola, it's still called Coke. The gates at Atlanta 's Hartsfield International Airport are about 32 miles away from the Main Concourse, so wear sneakers and pack a lunch. The 8 am rush hour is from 6:30 to 10:30 AM. The 5 pm rush hour is from 3:00 to 7:30 PM. Friday's rush hour Thursday afternoon and lasts through 2 am Saturday. Only a native of Atlanta can pronounce Ponce De Leon Avenue, so do not attempt the Spanish pronunciation. People will simply tilt their heads to the right and stare at you. The Atlanta pronunciation is "pawntz duh LEE-awn." And yes, they have a street named simply, "Boulevard." The falling of one raindrop causes all drivers to immediately forget all traffic rules. If a single snowflake falls, the city is paralyzed for three days and it's on all the channels as a news flash every 15 minutes for a week. Overnight, all grocery stores will be sold out of milk, bread, bottled water, toilet paper, and beer. I-285, the loop that encircles Atlanta, which has a posted speed limit of 55 mph (but you have to maintain 80 mph just to keep from getting run over), is known to truckers as "The Watermelon 500." Don't believe the directional markers on highways: I-285 is marked "East" and "West" but you may be going North or South. The locals identify the direction by referring to the "Inner Loop " and the "Outer Loop." If you travel on Hwy 92 North, you will actually be going southeast. Never buy a ladder or mattress in Atlanta . Just go to one of the interstates and you will soon find one in the middle of the road. The last thing you want to do is give another driver the finger, unless your car is armored, your trigger finger is itchy and your AK-47 has a full clip. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in Georgia . There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Georgia. If it grows, it sticks. If it crawls, it bites. If you notice a vine trying to wrap itself around your leg, you have about 20 seconds to escape, before you are completely captured and covered with Kudzu, another ill-advised "import," like the carp, starling, English sparrow, and other ''exotic wonders." It's not a shopping cart, it's a buggy. "Fixinto" is one word (I'm fixinto go to the store). Sweet Tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're 2 years old. "Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"" Momma-nem" means: How's Mother and all of the other children and other members of the family doing. Lordy, I love ATLANTA !